- How do I register as a user of a MindLogger applet?
- How do I install MindLogger on an iPhone or iPad?
- How do I install MindLogger on an Android device?
Admin guide for building applets
This applet builder was developed for you to create your own MindLogger applet without the need for any coding or design experience. This instructional guide serves to explain available features and how you create your own applet.
Applet: Collection of one or more activities containing items that the end user will view or respond to.
Activity: Collection of one or more items that the end user will view or respond to.
Item: A component within an activity presented on a screen for a user to respond to. Available items:
- Radio button
- Text box
- Time range selector
- Date selector
The text entered here names the group of activities associated with the applet, and will display throughout the admin panel and on the app.
- Photo capture
- Video capture
- Draw on canvas/picture
- Audio play
- Audio record
- Geolocation button
Overview to explain to the end user what the applet is about.
The name of a group of configured items within an applet.
Overview to explain to the end user what the activity is about.
Information about an applet presented on the first screen of the applet.
How do I create an applet?
- Sign into your admin panel.
- Select the "+" and "LAUNCH BUILDER".
- Enter an "Applet Name" and "Applet Description".
- Start building your first activity.
- Enter an "Activity Name" and "Activity Description".
- Entering a "Preamble" is an optional but useful way to communicate to the end user on the first screen of the applet.
- Select "Add Item" and then "Blank Item" to start creating items in the applet builder that end users will respond to.
- Enter "Item Name" to distinguish between items you create within the builder.
- Add the content or question that you want the user to respond to in the "Question" field.
- Choose an "Input Type" from a dropdown list of possible items.
- Save the item.
- Repeat steps 7-11 until you have added all items for an activity.
Using the "About Page Edit", enter information about the applet for the end user to learn more about the applet, its purpose, and any other relevant information.
The default screen order presented to the end user follows the order of the list of items that you create. Conditional logic is when the end user’s selection of one or more response options of an item skips to another item that is not the next item in the list. Once the order of your items have been entered into the builder, start adding the conditional logic you need.
- Click "Add conditional logic".
- Select "Radio", "Checkbox" or "Slider" from the menu for the conditional logic you want to set up.
- Make the appropriate selection for the condition you are creating and save.
Once your applet has been created the way you want, select "Save to dashboard. Depending on the size of the applet, it may take a few minutes to build, but you will receive an email when it is complete.
User guide for registering and installing
How do I register as a user of a MindLogger applet?
To register as a user of a MindLogger applet, you first need to receive an email invitation.
- Open the email from MindLogger’s developers and click the link.
- An internet browser will open the MindLogger signup/login page:
- Click the “sign up” link to go to the "Sign Up" page:
- Fill in your login information and click the "Submit” button.
- On the next page, click the “Accept Invitation” button:
How do I install MindLogger on an iPhone or iPad?
To become a MindLogger user, you first need to register. MindLogger is currently in beta, so the following instructions require you to install the TestFlight beta testing app:
- Install Apple’s TestFlight app on your iOS device.
- Open the link provided from your coordinator and accept the invitation.
- Open the TestFlight app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the “INSTALL” button next to the MindLogger app.
How do I install MindLogger on an Android device?
To become a MindLogger user, you first need to register.
- Tap on the Android icon on MindLogger.org (left image).
- Tap on the link “download it from Google Play” (center image).
- Tap on the “Install” button on the next screen (right image).
User guide for using the MindLogger app
How do I use MindLogger?
When you open the MindLogger app, you will see applet(s) on your home screen (left image), and tapping on an applet takes you to a list of activities in that applet (center image). You will receive notifications set by the applet's manager to perform these activities. To refresh the activities, swipe down from the top of the screen.
How do I complete a MindLogger activity?
When you receive a notification, follow the prompts and provide the appropriate information. Switch between screens by toggling the "Back" and "Next" buttons (right image above). When you are done with an activity, you will be redirected back to the list of activities.